Tuesday, July 5, 2011

Thoughts on Casey Anthony

As the world waits on the verdict in the Casey Anthony trial, this is a good time for me to post my thoughts about her and this case. First and foremost I think this is the most tragic thing that can happen in this world. Taking a life is a heinous crime in itself, however to take the life of a child takes it to a whole other level. Regardless of what the verdict of the trial is on Casey Anthony, she is guilty. She is guilty of being a negligent mother. She is guilty of being immature. She is guilty of being irresponsible in general. All of those things combined are the reasons why her daughter is no longer alive.

A mother's primary role in the life of a child is to protect them from everything that could potentially harm them. Yes, I know there are many men who feel this is their role but lets think about it. A mother starts protecting her child before birth and that is something that shouldn't stop once the child is born. For many women, once their child is born, that motherly instinct to protect that baby is increased. When I hear of mother's taking the lives of their children, I no longer think that women that are overprotective are that bad. Trust me, I would rather have a mom that is overprotective than have a Casey Anthony on my hand. The same goes for women who have abortions. Yes, I know we have our pro life people out there but I do not know how any of you can argue that it is better to have a child that may not be wanted, so they can have their life ended in such a tragic way anyway. How many children are born to mothers like Casey Anthony that die tragically from a lack of parental care? All of the politicians that are wanting to desperately turn over Roe v. Wade may want to reconsider.

The main reason why I feel that Casey Anthony is guilty of her daughters death is: She didn't report her own 2 year old daughter missing for 30 days! What mother doesn't report their child missing for 30 days? If my child was missing for 3 minutes, I am calling in every law enforcement agency known to man plus the National Guard. I am not judging her based on her "party girl" image. That is irrelevant. There is no excuse for either Casey or her parents. The only reason I do not think her parents are as guilty as she is, is because of the fact that Casey is the mother. When she gave birth to that little girl, she became the sole responsible person for that child's life, period.

No comments: