Tuesday, April 19, 2011

“If you not bringing anything to the table you are not welcome to eat” Part 1


Gold Digger: Informal. a woman who associates with or marries a man chiefly for material gain.

In today’s society women are being looked down upon for desiring a man that is accomplished or independent for lack of a better term. If a woman prefers to have a man that has his own car, career and crib, the 3C’s that must be met in my opinion before she even considers dating or better yet even getting to know, she is looked down on as being a gold digger. There are so many songs about independent women or women that have their own as a compliment to the woman, what is the problem with women wanting that out of their men. It all goes back to the knowing and understanding of one another’s roles.

God didn’t create a woman until 6 days later after creating man. That man worked hard for those days before God blessed him with his gift which was the woman. God created man to be her head. His intentions were for the man to provide and care for the women’s basic needs. God made the woman to be comforting to a man AFTER all of his hard work. I challenge you to look at this picture. He didn’t create the woman until the day of rest….. He didn’t create her to provide for him because everything was already done. You must be able to see the logic in this. God can do what he wants to do, and has things set up in an order he wants. If he meant for the woman to be the provider and to make sure the man is taking care of in that capacity, I would dare to say that he would have created her first.

Women need to realize that by accepting a man that can’t even take care of himself will ultimately create a new set of issues to have to tend to. The man will become viewed as a liability resembling that of child. This will eventually cause the woman to begin to lose respect for the man, which is another problem in itself. I am not saying that money and love are to be viewed equally because that’s quite the contrary; however, I am saying that as an adult civilized human being men as well as women should be able to at least provide for themselves. A man should know what responsibility is and how to handle it. Being able to be lead in a household should not be foreign to him. Men should be confident in the knowledge of their role in having to work and pay bills before he even considers the pursuit of a wife. These are just basic qualifications a man should possess in general. BE BLESSED!!!!!

3 comments:

McLovin said...

Preach!!!

Greg said...

Hmmmmmm sounds like you think a woman can be independant and still have a man take care of her. Kind of a double standard. One which always seems to end in the womans favor. The woman a lot of times desires the same pay for less work and less responsibility. The woman also has many more options for survival. It is that reason that probably 1 in 10 homeless is a woman and 1 in 100 a casualty of war. If you have a woman on one side of the road with a flat tire and a man on the other, he may as well be invisible. I know I have gone a little of track here but actually the truth of the matter is that no matter how powerful or affluent a woman becomes she will always feel a littl entitlement as far as personal attention by her partner and man will always work as long or as many jobs as it takes to make that happen.

Bobbi Jean said...

Hi Greg I think you may have missed the point of this article....The message is really geared to women involved with men who can't or just won't take care of themselves and have no problem living off of a woman. I am very conservative when it comes to Women's Liberation. Personally I think that has been a major downfall for us as evident by a couple of the statements that you've made. I think that before for a man tries to date a women and or potentially marry her, she should be secure in knowing that he can at least provide for himself and demonstrate his ability to handle responsibility. I am in no way stating that I think a man has to be wealthy. I am a independant woman by force not by choice. If I had it my way, I would be married to a man that I'm able to depend on. I don't want to be married to a man that can only bring some good loving and converation to the table, can't survive off that alone, and yes I think that its safe to say that I can speak for the masses of women when I say that a woman does want a man that can provide. God created man for that. To touch on the 1 in 10 homeless is a woman statement; I would just like to point out that around 8 out 10 of the homeless people you see suffer from suffer from mental illness. The reason why it's more homeless men is because me make up the larger percentage of the mentally ill population. I enjoyed reading the response and I love to explain myself because I don't say anything that I am not comfortable debating or backing up. Thanks for taking the time to read this article and I pray that you continue visiting this blog....Real talk.....Be blessed.