Friday, August 26, 2011

Dust Yo Self Off: Remembering Aaliyah 10 Years Later

Today I have been tasked with blogging about the late Aaliyah. This may be the easiest blog post that I have written to date because I am going to allow her music to speak for itself. However, before then I am going to first off say, yes I am aware that yesterday, August 25th was the actual anniversary of her death. Today is Friday, August 26th and the reason I am blogging today is because I remember being in a night club at the time the DJ came across the mic and confirmed that Aaliyah was in fact dead from a plane crash. So with today being Friday, I decided to get the weekend started off right by posting my favorite Aaliyah videos. Each of these songs are special to me because it reminds me of what a talent this young lady was and in my opinion ahead of her time. She was sexy in her own way but a class act. There is no doubt in my mind that if Aaliyah was alive today, she would be the top R&B female in the game today, hands down! Now sit back and relax as I take you down memory lane with some of Aaliyah's best work! Happy Friday and please make sure you put some Aaliyah in your MP3, IPod, or whatever you get your music on with this weekend. I know for a fact I will...starting right now!




1 comment:

mikaj said...

I wonder what she would be doing today. Missed 1!