Tuesday, December 20, 2011

IT'S MERRY CHRISTMAS DAMN IT!


If one more person tells me Happy Holidays I think I will throw up in my mouth! This is such a hot button topic for me only because it is amazing how all this damn political correctness has gone in the past two decades. I am serious, it is funny to me that retailers do not want to offend anyone so they ask their employees to say Happy Holidays vs. Merry Christmas, really what sense does that make? Think about it, if it were not for the people that celebrate Christmas and gift giving the retailers wouldn't ever make money. Why do they not remember that? Let's say all the people that are shopping for CHRISTMAS gifts decide to only shop in places that are not afraid to say "MERRY CHRISTMAS", how many companies would start saying "MERRY CHRISTMAS" instead of Happy Holidays then?

I am a simple woman that lives a very simple life. I do not ask for much and describe myself as low maintenance. There are not too many things that bother me in life. As I have grown older and wiser, in my opinion, I have come to realize that the issues that get my blood boiling more than anything is when external forces make decisions for me without my approval. This is why I am so pissed off about the Happy Holidays vs. Merry Christmas. Where does this stop? Will we one day live in a world that people cannot decorate their yards for Christmas? The Nativity Scene would not be allowed on the lawns of churches or regular everyday people that have not forgotten the true meaning of the Holidays. The old school classic cartoons that only come on around the Holidays will no longer be shown, like Charlie Brown Christmas. Christmas carolers will be banned from going door to door because they are a drag on society, right. If so, then what is the point of living in this world?

In the words of my grandmother "It's a sin and a shame" that people cannot celebrate Christmas anymore without having to think twice or wondering should they say Merry Christmas or Happy Holidays. I refuse to say Happy Holidays because it is my right to do so as an American. We have the freedom of speech to say Merry Christmas just as anyone else that feels they have the freedom to not say it. When I think about it, I know of several occasions that people have said a lot worse to me than "Merry Christmas". I am sure that I am not the only one.

No comments: