Tuesday, May 3, 2011

I Speak The Truth But I Guess...

Say what you want about rap music, but for me personally, when I hear real talk, regardless of the source I will make a "note to self." I am a music lover, period. Therefore, I will give any artist and genre a listen. If the lyrical content is there, I will listen and vice versa. Many people will dismiss the artist without ever actually listening to the lyrics of their music. Historically, I have been guilty of this but at the same time, who has not? I am not a fan of many artist, but consider myself to be a fan of lyrics and music in general. If an artist can stimulate my mind with their lyrics then I am all ears. The same can be said with me and politics.

It has only been a couple of days since President Obama announced the death of Osama Bin Laden. To say it has been interesting to see, hear and read the reaction of the world is an understatement. It is amazing how we all can watch the exact same press conference and walk away without acknowledgement of the truth. This historical announcement brought some people closer together and yet possibly a whole other group even further apart. How is this possible? That is easy, too many people want to play politics these days. It is getting more and more difficult to have an open and honest dialogue with some people. This is when they will completely dismiss what someone says just because they disagree with their politics. We just had the President of the United States of America, make a historical announcement and some people still couldn't be happy. They couldn't be happy because of "who" said it. This is a problem in our society. Too many people are quick to react to a person, group, or organization strictly based on propaganda. Let's go back to 5th grade, just for one moment. See below for the dictionary.com definition of propaganda:

prop·a·gan·da
–noun
1.
information, ideas, or rumors deliberately spread widely to help or harm a person, group, movement, institution, nation, etc.
2.
the deliberate spreading of such information, rumors, etc.

Now please tell me that the media has not mastered this art form. This is something we should have learned in the 5th grade and yet, as adults we still fall victim to this. Therefore, I cannot blame the media anymore. Anyone that cannot accept what the President of the United States did and say that he did a good job is an obvious victim of propaganda. For people that stick to facts and data, not propaganda, then 2 + 2 = 4 and for the rest of people that do not, then 2 + 2 = 7.

"I speak the truth but I guess thats a foreign language to ya'll." - Lil Wayne

2 comments:

Mrs Kojeana said...

OBAMA: I understand fully of what you are talking about not because you are Wayne but because you are right. People are scared of what they don't understand and also some people can't think for themselves. 9x out of 10 some people go off what they family, friends and etc think anyway. Lyric: yes i get that too my cousin she is a Muslim and she rap and a lot of people don't hear what she have to say because they thing she is going to talk about (Islam) and she is talking about a little bit of everything from relationship to hard knock life. So I truly understand so I guess you can say I am 2+2=4

mikaj said...

I need a like button.