Saturday, January 21, 2012

This Weeks Real Life Woman Rants and Raves...

I really enjoy listening to Drake speak. The other night on a talk show as I was just flipping through the channels, I caught an interview with him. He spoke very well, not dumbed down or "cool" at all. I especially noticed it because not to long ago I was listening to a radio station where all the rappers including the host sounded like they had been victims of No Child Left behind even though they were all over the age of 30 or close to it. It's time for us to get it together, we are failing! Please lose the slave mentality. When we talk ignorant it appears to most that you don't have the ability to speak correctly i.e. "Ebonics". We play ourselves every time we carry ourselves in an ignorant manner. It just seems that we don't care anymore and are just lost souls. Well I'm not a slave and I'm not raising any either. I just really wish my people would get themselves together. Each generation is getting worse and we are part of our own problem. I say we because until we collectively come together and stand up for what's right. I'm still just another dumb (insert the "N" word) like the rest because we are all grouped together. Ignorance is not bliss in Real Life. What did Spike Lee say in the movie "Do The Right Thing??? WAAAAAAAAAAAKKKKKKKKKKEEEEEEE UUUUUPPPPPPPPP!!!!!!! - Bobbi Jean


As long as I've been a nurse, I've never received so many compliments, letters of thanks, gift cards, plants, hugs, and hopes from patients that I will be back tomorrow. It makes me feel good about the job I do for those patients and families. I appreciate their recognition more than they will ever know because when you don't really like where you are, and you don't feel that you fit in, it's nice to know that the people you take care of think your great! - Lisa
Got one W-2 just waiting on one more then WE ARE OUTTA THIS SHIT HOLE....I AM SO READY!!!! - April
Note To Men: It isn't what you do its how you do it! So the next time you with the next female & you got an 'ol lady when she call your phone tell that broad in the background to shut up its your woman calling & if she can respect that then that's what it do!!! - L.W.

No comments: