Friday, September 23, 2011

Movie Review: Dolphin Tale - In Theaters 9/23/2011

This is my first movie review post for Real. Life. Woman. Talk. and hope that I am able to do it some justice. First of all, this movie must be seen in 3D. I am not a fan of 3D movies and when given the option most often I choose the 2D.  This screening was only offered in 3D so the option to choose did not exist. I admit I was a little concerned about this in the beginning but now I am thankful for the Dolphin Tale 3D experience. The 3D animation is on point with just the right amount built in to the movie so that it is not distracting. The bonus is that it is very easy on the viewers eyes. This movie is a winner for the entire family.
On the surface it looks like the typical save a animal, bond with it, and everyone lives happily ever after if you look at the previews.  This film has multiple storylines that overlap and everyone that sees it can relate to something in it. Harry Connick Jr., Ashley Judd and Morgan Freeman are only supporting actors in this one because the kids steal the show in my opinion. Of course the animals of the movie, Winter the dolphin and main focus of the movie, as well as the white pelican Rufus are equally entertaining. The fact that this movie is based on real life events is a bonus. At the end of the movie there is real footage of the people that are portrayed in the movie. They provide the website that you can go and see Winter live via web cam just like the movie. I am sure the Clearwater Marine Aquarium will become more busy as a result of this movie. My daughter that saw the movie with me is already asking to go to see Winter at the Clearwater Beach, Florida aquarium. The ability to connect with the viewer on so many levels is why I am recommending this movie to everyone. This movie is not just for kids, it is for anyone that loves to see a good movie, period.

No comments: