Monday, August 22, 2011

Review: Martin Lawrence, Comedy Tour 2011

On Saturday, August 13th I was in attendance at my first Martin Lawrence stand up comedy show in Houston, Texas. All I can say it was well worth the money. This man is one of the funniest comedians in the business. As I sat there watching, listening, and laughing my ass off, it was apparent that Martin Lawrence has not lost a step at all when it comes to his stand up show. My assumption was that he may not have been as sharp because he has been off the stand up scene for a minute doing movies and other projects, but I was pleasantly surprised to see that I was wrong. It was hilarious. He used the full stage and engaged the audience throughout the entire time he was on stage. Seeing Martin on stage was like watching an old friend that you haven’t seen in a while talk about things you had done or thought about at some point in your life. You have to understand my point of view when it comes to Martin Lawrence; he quickly became a fixture in my life when he came out with The Martin Lawrence show in the early 1990s. That show became a source of laughter for me and so many of my friends up until this very day. The number of characters this man is able to play is amazing to me. This is not something many skilled actors can do. However, Martin makes playing multiple characters look so effortless. He has played women, children, and even a white man in addition to several other male characters. All I can say is that if you have not enjoyed Martin Lawrence’s talent in some shape form or fashion then you are depriving yourself of a great laugh. This man is one of the best at what he does and there is no doubt about that. I guess it goes without saying that I highly recommend you going to see him live if you are ever given an opportunity to do so in the future.

1 comment:

mikaj said...

Bucket list of things to experience!