Monday, July 25, 2011

Stop Playing Politics With Me!

This is an open letter to anyone that is an elected politician that is currently involved in the debt ceiling negotiations: STOP PLAYING POLITICS WITH ME!!!  I am taking this personal at this point. I am sick and tired of being sick and tired of this bullshit. I am sorry for my lack of tact but where I come from; you call a spade a spade and bullshit is exactly what is going on in Washington. When was the last time you saw a group of adults that are “supposedly” working toward one common goal that could not agree on anything? You elected officials are coming across to the American people and the rest of the world for that matter as a JOKE! In reality, the longer these “negotiations” are drawn out, your true character shows.

I am sure that I am not the only one that sees what is happening here. We have an election year coming up so the elected officials are more concerned about being re-elected than they are about the American people as a whole. In other words, they want to make sure they are well positioned for their next election campaign and who really cares what happens to the American people. I find it extremely difficult at this point to think anything else. You have people walking out of meetings like spoiled brats. You have name calling and finger pointing like 10 year olds. Basically, everything they are doing is the same shit you raise kids not to do. I am beginning to wonder if any of the main people in these negotiations have had any home training at all. I am at the point that I feel the American people should be able to have a seat at the table because the people in the House and Senate that represent us are on some other shit right now.

I would like for the negotiations to be streamed live. We can see a full murder trial on television these days and interrupt any other type of programming when it is requested, so this request is not difficult. No offense to you politicians but I don’t really care to hear your press conferences that point the finger at the other party. Instead, I would like to see for myself what is really being said in the room. Why? Because as the old saying goes, you know a politician is lying if his lips are moving.

No comments: