Tuesday, May 17, 2011

The Voice Is The Real Deal

Today is Tuesday and just like the previous week I can't wait to see The Voice tonight. This is odd for me because I am against adding any new television programs to my weekly program schedule. You see, I am not a fan of living my life around television programs, so I am proactive in restricting my "must see" list. I will be the first to admit that when I began seeing the previews for NBC's The Voice, I thought it was just another version of American Idol. So of course there were no plans for me to actually watch it because if you have seen one singing talent competition you have seen them all, right? Wrong. This competition is not anything like American Idol. In fact, so far it is better than American Idol for one simple reason and that is because if you make it into the competition it is for one reason and one reason only. Yes, you guessed it, "The Voice".

I am not American Idol bashing by no means, because it has produced some awesome talent. However, anyone that has ever seen American Idol, knows that how a contestant looks plays a big role in how far they will go in the competition. It isn't a true talent competition. Your singing ability may get you there but unfortunately it is not enough to keep you there. The Voice is totally opposite of that because of the fact that it is not just a competition between the contestants but also between the celebrity coaches. That additional element alone has made the show more interesting.

NBC has hit a homerun with this one for sure in my opinion. The thing that made me fall in love with this show happened just last week in the second round of the competition. Placing two people that are competing against each other on a stage, singing the same song at the same time was pure genius. This additional element is why I cannot wait until tonight's episode. If you have not watched this program, then I will recommend going to NBC's website and watching the previous episodes. After you do that, come and jump on the bandwagon with me!

No comments: