Saturday, April 30, 2011

Samsung Galaxy Tablet



OMG you guys!! I just got this tablet and it is truly the ish!! For those who don’t know this thing is like a large Android cell phone. I say large but ladies it fits in your purse quite easily and I could even fit it in the back pocket of my jeans. That said the screen is big enough to comfortably read a book or watch a movie on.
When I got it the first thing I did was install all the same apps that I use on my android phone onto this device. Then I figured out some great apps that I never bothered with on the phone. The most obvious choices for these are the Amazon kindle and Barnes and Noble nook apps. I downloaded some samples of some books just to see how comfortable it was to read them on this device without committing to buying them in this format. I must say I’m impressed. To be honest it is bigger than if you got the paperback version of a book and not much smaller than if the book was in hard cover.
The thing about this device is that it is so much more than an e-reader ever dared to be. It’s much more portable than a laptop and more comparable to its functionality as far as the things you can do on it. Android phones are very popular now –partially thanks to brands like Samsung putting out many of these phones in the last year or so – so many people will already be familiar with how to use this device.
To be honest the possibilities of what you can do with this device are only as limited as what apps you can find for it, and there are tons out there.
Hardware and memory wise it boasts 2 gigs internal and a 16 gig micro SD card is included with the device. It runs the android OS 2.2 which allows you to run apps off the SD card as well. It has a front facing camera and a rear facing camera with a flash. I would definitely recommend this over any of the e-readers if you want something that does just a little bit more –or a lot more for that matter.

No comments: