Wednesday, August 31, 2011

Backstabbers!

Recently a friend of mine found herself caught up in a sticky situation and I felt the need to write about it in order to get some things off my chest. This is because when a friend of mine is hurt or done wrong so to speak, I take it personally. Of course I tried to get her to write about this herself but she respectfully declined due to not wanting to step on any toes or anything.  I am not as nice and if I step on someone's toes then as Rhett Butler so eloquently put it in the movie Gone With The Wind, "Frankly, my dear, I don't give a damn." 

To make a long story short, I will give the Cliffs Notes version of this story so I can get to my point as quickly as possible without making this post a novel.  My friend had a love interest that she met back months ago. The individual she was interested in was clear they were not ready for a "serious" relationship right now but continued to flirt and give mixed signals to my friend. Yes, this includes going out, talking on a regular basis and yes even being intimate. As previously stated, months went by and they began to get closer and they started going out around each other's friends.  One friend in particular was being flirted with by the love interest when they were all out together, this caused my friend to say something to her friend that made it clear that she would not ever do that because she did not want to hurt her.  She made it clear that she knew my friend was interested in this other person and that she wanted no parts of her love interest.  So please, can someone tell me how in the hell do these two end up together right under my friends nose? The worse part of it all, they think that my friend should still be friends with them. Really?
When did friendship and loyalty go out the window for some people? I am so pissed off about this that I want to call the "so called" now ex-friend and let her know how full of shit she really is and that I really hope that she gets everything that she deserves. I am sure that everyone has heard the old saying, "the same way you got him will be the same way you lose him." As for the love interest, why in the world will you not leave my friend alone now? Haven't you done enough? Do you have an ounce of self respect in your body? Why can't you see that you have done enough damage and move on with your life? I know you can't be so stupid to think that my friend will continue to talk to you and hang out with you and her "so called" ex-friend, right?  You are so lucky that the "so called" friend wasn't a real friend. If she were then you would be somewhere trying to figure out what went wrong with your master plan. I am just happy that my friend is able to rid herself of two people that are not worthy of her being in their lives. It is their loss and her gain.

No comments: