Friday, August 23, 2013

I’m Christian, unless you’re gay.


Obviously this is a link and I didn't write this. Just as my little pre link blurb I'd like to give a shout out to Single Dad Laughing's blog. This is the page you're about to visit. If you like this one please also check out the second link and I'd bet anything else he's got posted is good stuff. 


I want to state for the record that I'm a gay, black, Christian woman. I do not believe gay and Christian contradict each other, and I am not posting this to alienate Christians. In fact, my goal is the exact opposite. I want to educate and share so that we as people can look past all these labels we've applied to ourselves and others and love without conditions. Coming from a place where my own mother still doesn't seem to "get it" really makes these hit home. I always want to share things like this with her hoping for a breakthrough but I don't. Judging by the last time I did - earlier this year when DOMA and prop 8 were being argued in court - the outcome would not be the same as that in the second story. I'm sure there are others out there who can relate for whatever reason and I hope you're as touched by these articles as I was. And may more people’s lives be for the better because of the enlightenment it shares. Enjoy!

I’m Christian, unless you’re gay.

A Teen’s Brave Response to “I’m Christian, Unless You’re Gay”

No comments: