Tuesday, June 4, 2013

Two Words: Michelle Chamuel!!!


Please tell me that I am not the only person to be completely knocked out by Michelle Chamuel! To be honest, I am not a big reality TV fan but when I see someone or something that is unique it makes me stop and take notice. When I first saw Michelle Chamuel's blind audition on The Voice it blew me away because she had a "okay" voice but her "passion" was at a different level than the other contestants. Then she surprised me and probably the rest of the viewers when she picked Usher (aka Ursher Baby) to be her coach. That very moment was when the magic began and it shows that going with your gut is usually the right decision. Why? Because every episode of The Voice since then she has been getting better and better with the support and encouragement of her coach and AMERICA!!!!

If you don't believe me, just check out last night's performance and tell me that she did not literally ROCK OUT a Taylor Swift song...



Michelle Chamuel's passion for her work combined with the fact that she represents what real people in the United States look like is the reason why I think she has just began her rise to the top, regardless if she wins the voice or not. Her coach Usher has pretty much hinted that he wants to work with her no matter what happens on The Voice. She already has a fan base that is growing and she is taking it all in stride. She is one of the most likeable contestants I've seen on a singing competition show in years. Don't get me wrong, I have liked others but Michelle is instantly likeable, even before she actually sings. She is not the girl next door. She is the kid that thinks she is different from everyone else and a little shy while having this awesome voice accompanied by a passion for music. Everytime I see her perform I can picture her doing exactly what she is doing on stage in her bedroom alone thinking "no one can see me" so I can really let go and be free to be who I am!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

You should get your ears checked if you think MICHELLE CHAMUEL's voice is just "OK," LOL!

She's been a lead singer for many years in the indie band ELLA RIOT (formerly known as MY DEAR DISCO) and has a lot of experience under her belt.

I hate to simplify it this way, but her voice is $$$!