Monday, May 23, 2011

Who You Pimpin' ?


I find it kinda funny and a little ridiculous when men and even some of my lesbian friends talk about "running the show" when it comes to dating. I won't deny that often relationships have a more dominant party, but it seems many people who would tell you that they are or that you should be "running the show" are full of crap. It seems to be more a way of control and manipulation.

In some instances those people have found a partner that is just dumb or otherwise wounded enough to let them run the show. The dominant partner can literally tell you that the sky is purple and not only will you agree, but you will then turn around and tell all your friends "my baby said the sky is purple and you guys are all wrong". Obviously the lies are generally more relationship related but you get the point.

Once I was on my way to meet up with a person of interest and I was leaving one party to go to another and a friend asked me "why can't you just tell her to come here? Ain't you running the show here?". Honestly I wanted to ask first do you know me at all? Second, you don't know her or anything about her so get out our business and butt out of it.

I consider myself to be an intelligent feeling person and while admittedly at times I need to be more aggressive I don't feel like I need to "run" anyone. I want someone with a mind of her own that works well enough to call me on my ish when I'm wrong and someone who gets it when the reverse happens. Relationships, for me anyway, have to be a partnership not a dictatorship.
I'm probably going to step on some toes with this but I feel like if you need a partner you can rule and manipulate it shows a weakness within you.
It shows you can't own your mess so you have to get someone you can con into believing your mess doesn't exist.

We are all human and no one is perfect. We all have mess. We all have things we wish could change about ourselves. We all make mistakes. A bigger person knows he has to own those mistakes and do what is in their power to fix it when they happen.

Published with Blogger-droid v1.6.9

No comments: